Asbestos is a dangerous mineral made up of tiny fibers that were added to a variety of products to strengthen them and to provide heat insulation and fire resistance. Many homes, businesses, and utilities were constructed using asbestos products for all or some parts of the project.
Asbestos in your home or workplace poses a serious health risk. Mesothelioma, a cancer in the lining of the chest, and Asbestosis, a condition in which the lungs become scarred, have been tied to the inhalation of asbestos.
Asbestos was a common building material up until the late 1970's when the health risks of asbestos based products were revealed. Asbestos can be found in steam pipes, boilers, furnaces, floor tiles, millboard, door gaskets, sound proofing, insulation and roofing. To identify if there is asbestos in your building we will take samples for analysis.
If you have asbestos concerns, let Core Environmental make your building safe. Call us today at 781-721-4540 for a free estimate. We are trained and certified to perform both Asbestos Testing and Asbestos Removal throughout Eastern Massachusetts & the North Shore.
Steps to Asbestos Removal:
- Prior to performing any asbestos removal work, a regulated work area is established to isolate to effected area from the rest of the building. HEPA filters are used to prevent the asbestos fibers from migrating from the work area.
- Workers put on protective suits and respirators and then enter the work area.
- Workers carefully remove the asbestos materials. All surfaces are vacuumed and wet wiped as a final clean.
- An encapsulant is applied that locks down possible asbestos fibers that may remain after final cleaning activities.
- All waste in the work area is double-bagged, properly labeled and transported from the building in accordance state and federal regulations.